PC EXPERIENCES

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Downloading? What's That?

The next thing I had to learn was:downloading. By now I was surfing the web almost everyday and I saw loads of stuff that I thought I could use. And most of it is FREE! Wow! How lucky can one get.
I was also getting very brave and the great, big fear I had in the beginning, you know the one, when you're too scared to touch any key on your pc, because what if everything disappears, was beginning to subside. I realized that I just had to be careful WHICH keys I touched.
So, I was clever enough to figure out for myself how to download, because mostly they tell you where to click. What they usually don't tell you, is where to find the file you just downloaded.
Trying to find that file really wasn't a joke. And the frustration and the tantrums. Sometimes just felt like throwing the pc out the window. I would make endless cups of coffee and drink endless glasses of Coke and take endless trips to the...... Wait a minute, I'm getting a bit carried away here. Not one to give up easily, I would sit in front of that screen until my eyes burnt and my shoulders ached, but some of that downloaded stuff was never to be retrieved again. Some of it I did find and others I discovered accidentilly months after downloading and had no idea why I downloaded it. Must've looked like a good idea at the time.
Then, after developing lots of grey hair and even more wrinkles from all the frowning, I discovered the tutorials at the Newbie Club. That gave me new hope, the hair I pulled out, started growing again. Wanna know what I'm talking about? Go and have a look at:
http://www.newbieclub.com/?pcwise
If you're a newbie and often feel like jumping out the window yourself, why don't you join as a member, it's free and it's a goldmine, believe me. They really saved my sanity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home