PC EXPERIENCES

Saturday, July 15, 2006

PC DUMMY? And How!

Can anybody be such an idiot? You better believe it.
Up to the time my son finished school, the only pc I've had a good look at, was an old 486 model
which my son called a souped up calculator. It didn't even have a mouse.
So, off goes the son to do a computer course. Towards the end, they each had to do a presentation that would be shown to the public. (Read: family and friends, oh and also people looking for the clever one's, hoping to employ some of the students.)
On the big day, this mom got invited to go and have a look at the presentations. So, Son points with his finger to a spot on the screen where I should click to get the whole thing started. And what does this pc-idiot do? I picked up the mouse and tapped (clicked) it on the monitor. Well, my poor son nearly died with embarrasment. He knew his mom didn't know much, but this bad?
Unbelievable. Luckily most of the other people were interested in their own offspring's work and the blunder wasn't too widely noticed, I hope.
While Son was turning a dark shade of purple from all the blushing, Mom wasn't too upset, because surely it couldn't have been THAT bad? I onely realized how bad it really was, when my
son started telling friends and family and they all nearly killed themselves laughing.
Very soon after that, however, by the grace of God, I discovered a website called: The Newbie Club. Now THAT site really saved my life!
It belongs to Joe Robson and he really has insight into a newbie mind. I found that lots of the other gurus took it for granted that us newbies know the little things, because to them it was
just second nature and they didn't realize that we didn't even know that much. But not Joe, no way. He explains it all very well and no techie speak, so even the newest of newbies can understand what he's talking about. This site has a free newsletter, free tutorials, free ebooks and best of all, it's free to join. Find it here: http://www.newbieclub.com/?pcwise
Today, I'm way past being a newbie, but I still belong to this club, because I am still learning stuff from them. Did I mention they even allow you to ask questions, which they answer very quickly? It's really a goldmine of information. Go and have a look and tell me what you think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home