PC EXPERIENCES

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Learning to Send Email.

Just starting on the pc, the first thing I had to learn, was to send email. My son was going to London and email is the best way of communicating, so I just HAD to learn.
I remember all the frustrations of not being able to remember how I did something the previous time. My son was not a very good teacher. He wanted me to figure it out by myself, because he already showed me once. Well, I would sit there, for what felt like hours, trying to do that. In the end I would manage to get it right, (sheer luck, probably) and then not have a clue afterwards how I did it, because I tried so many different ways. This is frustration in it's purest form. Frustration that made me want to pull my hair out, or take a hammer to the pc, or whatever, as long as it's cruel and painful.
Then my daughter came to the rescue. She was standing by, quietly watching what was going on and not wanting to butt in, stayed in the background, until she could no longer witness her poor mother's suffering. She showed me exactly what to do and made me write down everything, so next time I could just go to my notes for info.
Today, of course, I find it hard to believe that anybody could be THAT ignorant. But I was, o yes, I was.
I have discovered that I know some tips and tricks about email that lots of people using it every day, as part of their job, do not know about. And it makes me feel very proud for being sooo clever, after being sooo dumb. And where did I learn all these tips and tricks, I hear you asking.
At The Newbie Club, of course. Go there now and see what they can teach you.
http://www.newbieclub.com/?pcwise It's free to join and very, very informative. Want to build a website, want free ebooks, articles, tutorials and lots, lots more? The Newbieclub is the place to be, even if you're not a newbie anymore. Go and have a look, otherwise you'll never know what you're missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home